Pasta with bacon, cream and mushrooms: a comforting recipe for the whole family
I call it my “heart attack” pasta since it contains a lot of fat, but it is 100% comforting and good for the mood ;). The whole family will love this recipe.
An easy recipe to customize according to your tastes
Here I used penne, but you can use fettuccine or any other pasta you have in the pantry. You can also take 15% cream or milk to reduce the fat content of the recipe.
For the dried mushrooms, I had those from Morilles Québec, crab mushrooms in a 14g box. You could take fresh mushrooms and sauté them with the bacon, or any dried mushrooms will do.
Makes 2-4 servings depending on appetite (you can make the recipe bigger if your family is bigger)
- 1 packet of dried mushrooms
- ½ package of smoked bacon
- 2 cups penne
- 1 French shallot
- 1 ½ tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. butter
- 1 ½ t. 35% cooking cream (or 15% or milk)
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Rehydrate dried mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes as directed; drain, set aside;
- Cut half a package of smoked bacon into small pieces;
- Chop the French shallot;
- Boil water, add salt and cook pasta according to directions;
- Béchamel: melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour, whisk until a roux forms, add the cream, lower the heat and simmer until thickened, stirring regularly to prevent lumps from forming;
- In a saucepan, brown the shallot in a little butter or oil to soften it, add the bacon and cook until desired consistency (some people prefer it crispier, others more tender);
- Drain pasta when ready; to book;
- Remove bacon fat from skillet then add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes;
- Mix together: the cooked pasta, the béchamel, the bacon/mushroom/shallot mixture;
- Add the parmesan and mix well; pepper (salt if necessary).
Accompany the pasta with a good green and crunchy salad to balance everything ;)
Enjoy your food!
Gros merci 🌷 tu es gentille..
très belle et je t’adore 💜
Merci pour cette belle recette appétissante et bonne journée à vous deux Marylin et François
Merci beaucoup pour cette recette Marylin👍