Manchego and black garlic
Imagine a golden and crispy crust, lightly flavored with olive oil, which hides under its coat of melting cheese, a garnish rich in flavors. Manchego cheese, both soft and tasty, brings a creamy texture to the pizza and a touch of character that goes perfectly with black garlic, which is a rare and subtle ingredient.
Black garlic is garlic that has been aged for several weeks, under special conditions that transform it into a soft and melting texture, and which gives it a unique, sweet and slightly balsamic flavor. It is therefore the perfect choice to bring a touch of sophistication and finesse to this homemade pizza.
To top it off, the pizza is topped with a pesto made from garlic scapes, which enhances the flavor of black garlic and brings a touch of color to the whole. The fresh arugula adds a green and slightly peppery note, while the chilli oil adds a spicy touch to the whole.
This homemade Manchego and Black Garlic pizza is a real explosion of flavors in the mouth, which will transport you instantly to Spain, the country of origin of Manchego cheese. This is a recipe that is sure to please all lovers of fine cuisine and who want to discover bold new flavors.
- Manchego cheese
- black garlic
- Garlic scape pesto
- chilli oil
- 500g all-purpose flour
- 1 C. instant yeast
- 1 C. salt
- 1 C. honey
- 225ml lukewarm water
- In a small bowl, dissolve the instant yeast with the honey and lukewarm water.
- Let sit until bubbles form on the surface (about 5-10 minutes).
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add the dissolved yeast and the rest of the lukewarm water, then mix with your fingers until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Form the dough into a ball and place it in a large oiled bowl. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let the dough rest for about 1 hour in a slightly damp place, until it doubles in volume.
- After letting the dough rest, shape it into one or two pizzas depending on the size of your BBQ. Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface using a rolling pin or your hands.
- Preheat your BBQ to medium high heat.
- Place the pizza dough on a well-oiled BBQ grill and cook for about 1-3 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown and bubbles start to form on top.
- Remove the pizza dough from the BBQ after turning it over and place it on a clean, flat surface to add the topping on the cooked part of the dough.
- Then, put the pizza back on the BBQ grill, close the lid and continue cooking for about 2 to 4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the dough is crispy and golden.
- Remove the pizza from the BBQ, let it cool slightly, then cut it into slices and serve.
- Pour a drizzle of spicy olive oil to taste.
- I hope you will like this recipe!
Spicy oil recipe
- 2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 dried red jalapeno or habanero peppers
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed (optional)
- 1 sprig of thyme
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over low heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add the red peppers, crushed garlic, and sprig of thyme.
- Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to blend and the peppers to release their aroma.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Strain the oil through a fine mesh strainer or sieve to remove the chili and garlic pieces.
- Transfer the oil to a clean, airtight glass jar.
- Store chilli oil in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. It will keep for several weeks.
- Homemade Chilli Oil can be used to add heat and flavor to your favorite dishes, such as pastas, pizzas, soups, sauces, marinades, dressings and more.
- You can adjust the amount of red peppers according to your preference for the desired level of spiciness.