Savor the essence of summer with our maple-marinated tomato salad, an original recipe inherited from my mother. This simple yet refined starter captures the freshness of juicy tomatoes, enhanced by the tang of vinegar and the unique sweetness of maple.
Perfect as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to a main dish, this salad is an explosion of flavors that will delight vinegar lovers and gourmets looking for new culinary experiences. Easy to prepare and incredibly delicious, this marinated tomato salad is sure to satisfy your taste buds and add a touch of elegance to your table. This recipe is also a great way to take advantage of tomato season while incorporating unique Canadian flavors with the addition of maple sugar.
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar ( if possible maple )
- Salt and pepper to taste
You can replace sugar, salt and pepper with our black garlic BBQ spices for an even more refined taste.
- Place the tomato slices in a bowl.
- Add a cup of vinegar.
- Stir in a teaspoon of sugar (preferably maple).
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Marinate the tomatoes in the mixture for a while so they absorb the flavors well.
- 6. Serve chilled, alone or with your favorite dish.
Discover the perfect harmony between sweetness and acidity with this maple-marinated tomato salad, a summertime delight that will delight all your senses.