This recipe comes from Marilyn's father, who has received many guests, serving it as a starter for over thirty years!
Curry, turmeric and lemon immediately give it an exotic taste and the recipe can easily be adapted with whatever ingredients are on hand.
This soup can also make an excellent soup meal for a quick lunch, accompanied by a few crackers and pieces of cheese.
Enjoy your lunch!
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- the equivalent of a tin of chicken broth
- 1 C. teaGolden turmeric with lemon
- 1 C. teaCurry Vadouvan
- 1 lemon (half for the zest and juice, the other half in a slice for decoration)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spicy oil optional for the finish
- Chipotle pencil spices or other as desired.
- Heat the spices in the oil to bring out the flavors (optional);
- Add the chickpeas, chicken broth, zest and juice of half a lemon;
- Heat a little then mix using a blender;
- Adjust the seasoning to taste;
- Serve and drizzle with hot oil and a pinch of spices on top;
- Add pencil spices if desired;
- Garnish with a slice of lemon.