Stuffed peppers are a versatile and popular dish across the world, varying by region and culture. This dish is well-loved for its combination of vegetables, meats and grains, offering a palette of flavors in a single bite. Often associated with family cooking, it is ideal for group meals.
- 8 medium peppers
- 0.714 kg of ground pork
- 1 cup basmati rice
- Cocktail tomatoes
- 1 onion
- Some celery
- François Lamber t black garlic BBQ spices
- Olive oil
- 250 ml vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/3 can of tomato paste
- Grated mozzarella
Preparing the peppers : Cut the caps off the peppers and remove the seeds. Set them aside.
Prepare the rice : Cook about 1 cup of basmati rice according to package directions, using broth instead of water for added flavor.
- In a large skillet, heat a little olive oil over medium heat.
- Add 1 chopped onion and a few chopped celery stalks. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ground pork and cook until no longer pink.
- Incorporate your chopped cocktail tomatoes, the 1/3 can of tomato paste and the François Lambert black garlic BBQ spices.
- Let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice to the stuffing and mix well.
- Fill the peppers with the pork and rice stuffing.
- Place the peppers in a baking dish.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Pour a little broth into the bottom of the dish to prevent the peppers from becoming dry.
- Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake for approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil, add grated mozzarella on top of the peppers and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Enjoy your food !
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How can I make peppers less dry?
Use stock in the bottom of the dish before cooking and cover with foil.
Can we replace pork with another meat?
Yes, ground turkey or chicken are good alternatives.
Are BBQ spices essential?
No, but they add a unique touch of flavor. You can use your favorite spices.
How long can I keep these stuffed peppers?
3 to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Can you prepare the peppers in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the stuffing a day in advance and fill the peppers just before cooking.
What kind of rice is best for this recipe?
Basmati rice is recommended, but you can use long or medium grain rice.
What other vegetables can I add to the stuffing?
Chopped mushrooms, zucchini or carrots can be added.