It is in part thanks to this famous recipe that François won An Almost Perfect Supper in 2017.
A soft, or semi-cooked, is meant to flow inside. It is therefore important to watch the cooking carefully so as not to make muffins. The center should not be cooked.
Each step is important in this recipe as in most baking recipes.
Each bite is an explosion of maple and its tender texture melts in your mouth.
Enjoy your lunch!
Makes 10 cupcakes
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup of fine maple sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit;
- Separate the egg yolks and whites;
- Beat the egg whites using a hand mixer until peaks form;
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter;
- In a bowl, combine the maple sugar and flour;
- When the butter and chocolate are melted, stir into the flour and sugar mixture;
- Add the egg yolks;
- Gradually fold into the whipped egg whites, gently folding with a spatula;
- Place in muffin cups, ramekins or cookie cutters on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper;
- Bake for about 11 minutes in a conventional oven;
- Watch carefully; a toothpick should come out mushy and not clean;
- Let cool for 2 minutes and serve.
Serve with vanilla ice cream orMaple dragon beard.