An exotic culinary journey
Embark on an exotic culinary journey with our recipe for black-eyed beans simmered in a rich blend of coconut milk, chicken broth, spiced up with a bold splash of black garlic salt and red curry. This dish, inspired by the vibrant flavors of Southeast Asia, is a true symphony of tastes that will transport you to distant lands from the first bite.
But that's not all, this dish is also a real comfort for the soul. Imagine yourself, after a long day, sitting down to enjoy this warm, rich and creamy dish, which not only satisfies your hunger, but also nourishes your body with its healthy and nutritious ingredients.
And the best part of it all? This dish is incredibly easy to prepare. With a few simple ingredients and clear preparation steps, you can create a meal that looks complex in flavor and texture, but is actually a cinch to make. So what are you waiting for? Embark on this culinary journey and let your taste buds feast!
Ingredients for 4 persons)
- 2 cups black eye beans (or any other type of beans)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken (or vegetable) broth
- Salt to taste (I used black garlic salt)
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 onions
- 1 head of broccoli
- Black Garlic BBQ Spices
- Soak the black-eyed beans for 16 hours in room temperature water.
- After soaking, drain the beans and place them in a saucepan. Add enough water to cover the beans and cook them over low heat for 40 minutes.
- While the beans cook, chop the onions and broccoli.
- In another skillet, sauté the onions and broccoli until soft.
- Add black garlic salt, red curry paste (to taste) and black garlic barbecue spice to the vegetables. Mix well so that the vegetables are well coated.
- Once the beans are cooked, add the coconut milk and chicken broth. Let simmer for a few minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Add the spicy vegetables to the beans and mix well. Let it simmer for a few more minutes so that the flavors meld and the mixture is less runny.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional values :
- Calories: about 250 to 300 calories per serving
- Protein: about 12 grams
- Carbohydrates: about 6 grams
- Lipids: about 6 grams
Please note that these values are general estimates. For more accurate nutritional information, it is recommended to consult a nutritionist or use reliable nutritional databases for a more accurate breakdown of nutrient composition.
To use the spices used in this recipe:
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to prepare black-eyed beans?
Black-eyed beans should be soaked for 16 hours before being cooked over low heat for 40 minutes.
What are the benefits of black-eyed beans?
Black-eyed beans are high in fiber, protein, and contain several essential vitamins and minerals.
What is the nutritional value of this dish?
This dish contains around 250-300 calories per serving, with around 12 grams of protein, 6 grams of carbohydrates, and 6 grams of fat.
How to store this dish?
This dish can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Be sure to reheat it before serving.
What type of red curry should I use for this recipe?
You can use any brand of red curry paste for this recipe, depending on your preference.