From our land to the heart of your kitchen, we invite you to discover a bold and succulent creation: the Lobster and Beef Burger 'Surf and Turf' style. This burger embodies our commitment to offer you exceptional ingredients, grown with care on our land. By pairing the delicacy of fresh lobster with the richness and tenderness of beef, we have created a combination of flavors that is both refined and comforting.
Where does Surf and Turf come from?
"Surf and Turf" is a culinary term used primarily in North America to describe a main dish that combines seafood and red meat. The term is probably derived from American slang where "surf" refers to sea (thus seafood) and "turf" to land (thus beef).
The concept of "Surf and Turf" first emerged in the 1960s, during a boom time in the United States when restaurants sought to entice customers with luxurious and extravagant dishes. The "Surf and Turf" became popular because it offered the best of both worlds - the richness of red meat and the delicacy of seafood.
Today, "Surf and Turf" has become a classic in American cuisine and is enjoyed around the world. There are many variations of the dish, ranging from the traditional steak and lobster to more creative and exotic combinations.
The use of black garlic in cooking
To add a touch of originality to this gourmet recipe, we have incorporated fried black garlic , from our own land. Black garlic is a fascinating ingredient, with notes reminiscent of balsamic vinegar, caramel, soy sauce and even roasted coffee. Its complex and unique taste brings an extra dimension to this gourmet burger. And to top it off, we prepared a black garlic mayonnaise, which will go wonderfully with every bite of this burger. Its creamy texture and subtle flavor of black garlic enhanced with a hint of maple go perfectly with the finesse of lobster and the strength of Dijon mustard.
For garnish :
- Salad of your choice
- Fried black garlic cloves cut into pieces
- Black garlic mayonnaise
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt pepper
For the burgers:
- 500g ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to your taste
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, breadcrumbs, egg and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper to your preference. Mix all the ingredients well, but avoid kneading the meat too much to avoid making it too compact.
2. Once the ingredients are mixed, form balls about 5 to 6 cm in diameter. Make sure the meatballs are uniform in size for even cooking.
3. Preheat your BBQ, grill pan, or grill to medium-high heat.
4. Place the meatballs on the hot cooking surface and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked to your liking. Avoid turning them too often so they can develop a nice crust.
5. Once cooked, remove the meatballs from the heat and let them rest for a few minutes.
6. Lightly toast the brioche hamburger buns, spread them with butter, mayonnaise and add a few slices of salad.
7. Coat the lobster pieces with maple Dijon mustard, place them on the beef patty and garnish with pieces of fried garlic cloves cut into small pieces.
Black garlic mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 250 ml (1 cup) grapeseed oil or any other vegetable oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon juice
Fried black garlic
- 250 ml (1 cup) canola or peanut oil
- 12 black garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 125 ml (½ cup) flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) panko breadcrumbs
1. In a deep fryer or large saucepan, heat the oil until it reaches a temperature of 190°C (375°F) on a cooking thermometer. Watch carefully to prevent the oil from overheating and igniting.
2. In three separate bowls, place the flour, beaten egg and panko breadcrumbs.
3. Flour the garlic cloves, then dip them in the egg and coat them with breadcrumbs.
4. Repeat egg and breadcrumbs step as needed for extra crispiness.
5. Fry the garlic cloves for 2 minutes, turning them several times, until golden and crispy.
6. Place on absorbent paper to remove excess grease.
There you have it, you have everything you need to prepare a 'Surf and Turf' style Lobster and Beef Burger with fried black garlic. Good tasting !
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is a 'Surf and Turf' burger?
It's a burger that combines ingredients from the sea and the land, here, lobster and beef.
What is black garlic?
Black garlic is garlic candied at low temperature for several weeks, which gives it a mild and complex flavor.
How to cook the lobster for this burger?
The lobster is topped with maple Dijon mustard and placed on the beef patty.
How to prepare fried black garlic?
Black garlic is coated in flour, egg and breadcrumbs, then fried until golden and crispy.
What's the best way to serve this burger?
Serve this burger with homemade fries or a green salad for a complete meal.