Once again, this recipe is breathtaking, tasty and surprisingly simple.
It can be done as well on a Tuesday evening with the family as at an important reception.
The pork balls are tender and comforting and the mushrooms in forest sauce add a sophisticated touch to the dish.
All you have to do is accompany it all with greens, a vegetable of your choice or even a good rice and voila! In addition to wowing your guests, you can be proud to showcase Quebec products in your kitchen.
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 1/2 ground pork
- 3 tbsp. tablespoonLes Savoureux sausage spices
- Fresh thyme (optional)
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon ofCanada Sauce ketchup
- 1 small onion, chopped
Note: this recipe does not require eggs or breadcrumbs. The spice blend already contains everything you need to make the meatballs hold together and are perfectly seasoned.
- 1Forest mix of Quebec dried mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 French shallot or half an onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1/4 cup ofbone broth, or 1/2 cube of chicken broth or veal stock
- salt and pepper
- parsley or rosemary to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit;
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl;
- Make uniform balls about an inch in diameter;
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper;
- Bake for 20 minutes in the center of the oven.
- Soak the mushrooms in lukewarm water for 10 minutes;
- In a hot pan, brown the shallot or onion in the oil for about 5 minutes;
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes;
- Add cream and reduce by half or until desired consistency;
- Deglaze with the white wine and let evaporate for a few minutes;
- Season to taste.
Place the forest sauce at the bottom of a deep dish and add the meatballs on top. Garnish with a few sprigs of thyme if desired. Serve with your choice of greens, vegetables or rice.
Enjoy your meal.