It is that simple! And yet, we don't do it often enough. A quick and easy way to incorporate eggs into everyday meals, and a dessert with natural sugar, maple syrup, for the sweet tooth after a meal.
It is an ideal recipe to make with and for children. To do every week!
Makes 4 servings.
- 600 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 120 ml maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- vanilla (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350;
- Combine the milk, eggs and vanilla in a bowl and add a pinch of salt;
- Heat the syrup;
- Add water to the bottom of an ovenproof dish to create a double boiler;
- Place the syrup in an equal amount in the bottom of the ramekins;
- Add the milk and egg mixture;
- Cook 45 to 60 min., Until a knife comes out clean;
- Let cool;
- Serve directly in the ramekin or invert on a plate so that the syrup runs over the custard.
Keeps in the fridge, can be prepared the day before.
Enjoy your lunch!